Monday, January 18, 2010

calling all home decor junkies...

ok. here's the deal. i have been looking - nay, desperately searching- for the perfect shade of aqua for my bedroom for almost a year now. actually, it's not even aqua really. it's the most difficult color in the world to explain, but i'm going to try...

it's vintage aqua, antique blue, duck egg, blue-green-grey.

yeah, i wouldn't understand that either. maybe i should just let some photos do the talking...







(all photos via google image search or weheartit)

now do you get the picture? my question is this: why is it so hard to get the perfect color out of my head and into a bucket of paint? i have literally gone through ten sample cans of various shades of blue-green-grey from lowes this week alone...it's all i can do not to throw up my hands in defeat! sigh... after hours of research tonight, i have found a few colors from sherwin williams that i will try this week. we'll see how that goes.

on a brighter note, i hit a huge sale at target and got all new bedding for 50 bucks! i got two new pillows, two sets of sheets, three sets of pillow cases and a new comforter :] pair all those the white waffle and blue deerskin blankets i already own and voila! a new look already.

the lighting is horrible in this photo...my apologies.

so if any of you have painted something this color, or know someone else who has painted something this color, oh won't you pleasepleaseplease suggest some paint options? i'd love you forever...really i would!

i'm off to dream of pretty white linens enveloped in dark wood tones and stormy blue-green walls...goodnight loves

em

11 comments:

Jacque said...

OO I think that shade of blue is so dreamy! It kind of makes me think of robin's egg blue! Very calming and pretty! I love the picture of your new bedding! Your bed looks extra comfortable!

Anonymous said...

I've slept in that bed ;)

mel said...

i hope you find the shade you crave!
i love the colour of the lingerie. i did have a past bedroom this colour, but bought the paint at a canadian store, so that's no help to you.
can you not bring in an object to be colour-matched tho? ie they scan the paper/fabric, etc, i've been successful with that before. found the right shade of cardstock and its bigger than a paint chip ever is!

Allison Drew said...

Oh girl, that really is the perfect color. And I understand your issue with trying to describe it. I was an art major and STILL have a terrible time describing colors. I'm going to echo what Mel said. Try to take in your photos and see if the can mix/match the color from there. I think you're room is going to look fantastic! You should definitely post your end results.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

loving the color... so calm

Jamie said...

Love the color! I'd call that Robin's Egg Blue. Your bedding is beautiful! Keep searching...you'll find it and it will be perfect!

Unknown said...

I love the color I hope you can find the right shade I am horrible at picking out the right color!

I love your new bedding!

good luck :D

Carrie

Lindsay said...

ok so i have this paint sample with 4 aqua colors on it. one of them is mine from my craft room but there is one on here that looks JUST LIKE your top pic color. It's called Monterey Bay and the brand is Color Place... let me know :)
xoxo,
Lindsay
P.S. got it from walmart...let me know if you want a pic of the sample

Anonymous said...

hey twin...so i had the SAME drama with finding paint colors. i had a shirt that i just knew i wanted my walls to be the same color. i took it to home depot and they were able to match the exact same color with a custom paint program. try it!

Blink said...

I was looking for a similar color, not as green as what you're wanting though. I ended up buying paint that I thought was right & I absolutely hate it. I'm not sure why it's so hard. I hope you have luck!!!

Amy said...

this is my favorite new color! i plan on painting my studio this exact color. sweet bedding, too!! yay! :)