Sunday, August 16, 2009

this is a green post.

not green as in environmentally friendly, but green as in there's a lot of pictures and they all have green as the predominant color...wasn't done on purpose, but i love it all the same!

today it rained.  i love rain...except when i have to work :[  so i enjoyed it while i could this afternoon...


i also took the liberty of snapping a few photos...it's amazing some of the cool things you can find while exploring your own back yard.  my back yard is tiiiiiiiny, but there are so many beautiful things back there...see?





and as promised...a peek into my journal...


i've been writing in it a lot lately, so i thought i'd share a few (or more than a few :] ) pages with you...a few are from the beginning, a few from recent times and plenty of pages in between.


i made this journal with elsie and a few other lovely girls at the RVA weekend in springfield back in may.  i've never been a big journal keeper, but for some reason this one is different...i loved the way elsie described her journaling process...it's not about dates and times and people and "dear journal, today i..."  it's about what you're feeling at that moment.  period.  as soon as something runs through your mind that is worth jotting down, this is where to do it.  so, here goes...


(this list is ever growing...)





(one day i will fill in the blank on the amount of sunglasses i really do have...as soon as i track them all down!) 















 (i love shoes :] )


as you can see, my journaling style is *very* simple.  every now and then i'll randomly add a piece of fabric, or ephemera, but generally, it's just me, a blank page, and a black felt tip pen.   i think i like it best that way. :]

well lovies, it's off to another night at work...see you back here late tonight for happy ears sunday :]  i've got some gooooooood ones lined up for tonight!

lovelove
emjay

7 comments:

janel. said...

eeeek!! I am soooo inspired right now thanks to your journal :) You are wonderful, as usual!! i have been missing you like crazycakes lady. Also, I have been wearing my earrings ever since I got them. LOVE them. and love you!!

madison said...

i love your handwriting and your journals are so much better then normal everyday entries!

Shaina Longstreet said...

ok girl...seriously LOVE your journal. thank you soo soo much for sharing.
wish i had something like that...
<3

Amber said...

I love your journal. Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing. I am going home and making sure to put mine in my bag to have with me at all times!

Oh...and I just want to say that you have the most beautiful hair ever! I love it!
XOXO
Amber

vivianna said...

I love your journal!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

love the journal! i feel inspired right now to start up journaling again.
and i feel the same way about katy perry taking zooey's face. HA!

Michael said...

I like it, especially the music player, nice touch.