that's my new favorite song...i'm making it up as i go...kind of like life :]
tonight, here's what i have for you:
1. el blog-o i currently "under construction". i'm in the process of giving it a bit of a face lift, but since i know NOTHING about html code and what not, i'm relying on instructional websites that i find by googling things like "how to make a three column blogger template" and "how to change background on blogger page" i'm a loser, i know, but i don't have the dough to pay someone to do it, so i'm left to venture into the unknown and figure it out myself...so far i've done ok...but there's a long way to go! :]
2. i made the most AMAZING smoothie at my parent's house this afternoon...strawberry and pineapple. yummmmmmmmm :]
3. this girl posted the most wonderful post today...it was so sweet that i literally teared up :] check it out for a list of incredibly talented ladies that you'll definitely want to check out. i'm blessed to be able to call about half of them friends, and i can vouch and say they are all amazing. :]
4. here's a peak at a few things i've been working on and a few materials i've been working with... things are about to get very busy over here in the robot*zombie factory come these next few weeks. i'm participating in the craft swap sponsored by jamie, and i have 21 (yes, that's TWENTY ONE) little crafties to crank out and send to her in about 3 weeks time. eesh, it'll be a tight deadline, but i think i can manage! :] it's a really flippin' cool concept, and i'll be sure to keep my eyes and ears peeled for news of another one and give you all head's up so you can participate next time.
yummy felt colors
my favorite fabrics :]
5. lastly, i saw this survey on janel's blog first, and since then, holly and LA's as well. so i figured, what the heck? so here goes...
outside my window
darkness...grass that desperately needs to be cut
i am thinking
that the gnat that's buzzing around here is very annoying...and that i can't wait til i have the cash to redo my bedroom...and that i'm excited about making things for the craft swap (i think it'll jump start my creative drive again)
i am thankful
for having such wonderful friends and family and a support system that is there for me no matter what life brings. :]
the real life ones...
these folks always have words of encouragement to get me through those rough days or creative lulls. i love them all dearly :]
from the kitchen
clean dishes waiting to be put away :]...knitting needles and a ball of eggplant colored yarn...all of my paints and canvases are strewn across the dining table...an easel...oh yeah, and loaf of bread...also a few other favorites from the kitchen...
(this week's photobooth friday :] )
i am creating
a new look for my blog...finishing a painting (fairly large one)...21 craft swap items...more ruffled totebags for my etsy (and one for a special person in particular that i've had in mind since i made the very first one)
i am going
to probably not sleep much tonight...but then again, do i ever? haha
around the house
a pile of laundry that needs to be folded...
a craft studio that desperately needs to be tamed...
matte stephens print
local antique shop
these days i'm preferring iced sweet tea over hot tea because, well, it's a hundred degrees outside...ps...lemon is for yankees. :]
a few plans for the rest of the week
MOW THE GRASS...swim swim swim (seriously i can't get enough)...work on craft swap projects...work...focus on continuing my recovery from the flu
weee!!!! that was fun! :] ok, now that i've spent over an hour on a single post (hah!) it's back to the blog revamp :] catch y'all later!
oh and ps...GEAUX TIGERS!!!! 2009 College World Series Champions! :]
pps...if you look closely, you will find this week's 52 project and photobooth friday somewhere up there :]