i've been tagged by the oh-so-lovely carol :) i have to answer the 8 questions she asked me, then make up a new set of 8 questions and tag 8 people to answer them :) here goes!
1. what song is stuck in your head right now? scissor runner stole my heart... well, those are the only words i know so far of jenny lewis' newest music. she's releasing an album with her boyfriend johnny and i've been playing the sneak peek track in itunes on repeat all day :)
2. what's the worst job you've had? honestly, i haven't had a job i hate. i've been with my current job for 7 years, since i was 17. and i lovelovelove what i do. the only other job i ever had was at the local skating rink...and who isn't going to love that???
3. what's your favorite summer activity? that would definitely have to be visits to the snowball stand and swimming at my parents' house :)
4. where would you go if you could go anywhere today? at this moment? springfield, mo. there's this friend i have there that i miss dearly. i wish we lived next door...we'd be great neighbors.
5. what is something that you would love to learn? silversmithing. i want to learn how to make things out of molten metal...it just seems so incredibly interesting and fufilling!
6. do you like thunderstorms or do you get nervous? i *love* thunderstorms. to me, there is nothing better than curling up with a cup of hot tea, a good book, and rolling thunder in the background. plus, thunderstorms create the best sleep. :)
7. do you collect anything? if so, what? i collect vintage pyrex, blue glass ball jars, things with owls on them, and vintage thread (only on wooden spools though).
8. what's your favorite childhood memory? trips to home depot with my grandpa. he is a woodworker among many other things (gardener, homemade wine maker, honey bee farmer - and he's 84!). when i was young, he would pick me up on friday nights and we'd go to home depot together to pick up whatever odds and ends he needed to complete his latest project. afterwards, we'd stop by zackk's yogurt and i'd get a plain frozen yogurt with tiny tarts on top :) i love my grandpa!
ok kiddos...here are my 8 questions for you!
1. what was the first cd you ever owned?
2. boxers or briefs?
3. what five things would you need to survive if stranded on a deserted island?
4. what's the riskiest thing you've ever done?
5. what's your favorite girl scout cookie?
6. what's your number 1 guilty pleasure?
7. where did you go on your very first date?
8. in the song, yankee doodle, is he calling the feather or the horse "macaroni"?
and the 8 people i'm tagging are...
i tried to pick folks who hadn't already been tagged by someone else. if your name isn't listed, please feel free to play along and leave a link in the comment section to your answers!
hope everyone has a lovely weekend!