Monday, November 23, 2009

meet me on monday

Lindsay Ellington

tell us all a little about yourself...

my name is Lindsay Ellington, people that are close to me call me Linds :) I'm 25 and starting this past year I began delving into my creative side. I have picked up photography, scrapbooking, painting, cooking and gardening all in the past 11 months! I love seeing where my creative mind will take me. I'm still just a beginner and have a lot of learning to do. I enjoy getting ideas from other crafty people and trying to put my own touch on things :) I have 2 amazing kids and a wonderful husband who is more then I could have ever hoped for.

Oh and a random fact about me is that I am utterly useless without coffee, I have to have at least 2 cups every morning or I get nothing accomplished. This is my most favorite mug, as you can tell I add lots of cream and sugar :)


what is your favorite color?

(source)

pink.. right now I'm going through a serious pink phase. Pink camera, pink laptop, pink clothes, pink toothbrush, pink pan, pink, pink, pink!!

what part of the world do you live in?

Right now North Dakota.. like an hour from Canada. I'm originally from Louisiana (only the best state ever) but currently my husband is stationed here in Minot, where the snow never ends and we get like 2 months of summer :( Hopefully in about 2 years we will be restationed in the south, I miss the food the people and most of all the weather! The picture is AFTER we shoveled for about 3 hours and had a bulldozer come by and help because he felt bad for us! This is after just 1 night of snowing!

what is your favorite crafting supply?


Ribbon, it seems I put it somewhere on just about every craft I make! There is so many to pick from, I can't get enough!

what's your favorite ice cream flavor?


hands down chocolate chip cookie dough!! Sometimes I even buy an extra roll of cookie dough to cut up and stick in there! I know, so healthy.

if you could be a character from any movie, who and why?

You stumped me! I have no idea. I can tell you who one of my favorite actresses is! Julia Roberts for sure! She is so beautiful and plays her roles perfectly. She seems very down to earth and classy, which I love.

describe your craft/work and why you do things the way you do.

handmade christmas cards with a nontraditional color story

a shelf for her daughter, kaylee's room

the pages of a handmade cookbook

Lots of the things I make are just for fun and usually for my kids or myself. So far they are relatively simple to do. The Tinkerbell shelf I made has been the most tedious so far and took about 2 days to complete. The cookbook scrapbook took the longest, about 3 months. I'm hoping to one day sell the things I make, but first I have lots to learn!

what inspires you?where are your go to places for your daily dose of inspiration?

The world inspires me, I can look at pretty much anything and find some sort of inspiration from it. Blogger is also a big one because I get the privilege of seeing amazing, talented people share their ideas and crafts. Never fails to inspire me :)

what is your top favorite blog?

oh no there are so many that are my favorites! Well, the one that got me started and inspired me to actually start my own blog is Michelle, http://aquafrolic.blogspot.com/ . I've known her since kindergarden when we were in Brownies (girlscouts) together :) Love Love

what is playing on your radio/itunes right now?

Aerosmith- Pink, like I said I'm in a Pink phase right now

describe the perfect day for you...

My perfect day would be waking up to my hubbies famous hashbrown burritos and coffee, then going to Margies(cute little pottery place) and unwinding with a coffee and some pottery painting. Then, going to Hobby Lobby and spending tons of money on cute paper, ribbon, buttons, paint and coming home to craft for a few hours. Enjoying a good book and then going out to eat with my family and then snuggling up on the couch to a romantic comedy with a glass of red wine! Simple huh?

do you collect anything?


Yes!! I LOVE Willow Trees! I have been collecting them for about 5ish years. My mom started the tradition and usually sends me one each holiday. Each one represents a time in my life and means a lot to me. This is just a small portion of them. I get the joy of looking at them every night at dinner since they are displayed in my living room.

what is your favorite condiment?

Ketchup!! I loveeeee it!!



lindsay and i have known each other since the tender age of 4. she's a fun gal to hang around with, and i am so excited to see that she has discovered her creative side :] we can now add that to the list of things we have in common! she's a great girl, a great mom, and a great friend! check her out at these locations and show her some love...

blog, twitter, and facebook

:]

hope everyone has a great holiday week! :]

lovelove, em

No comments: